Saturday, November 28, 2009

My adpoted persian really needs a bath but i don't know which products to use.?

Which products are best for shampooing my adopted 11 year persian? Do I have to invest in a soundless hair dryer as he is a bit nervous of noise? If I buy pet clippers could I shave his legs myself? This is the only area he has knots. I live on an island and cannot get him into a groomers, they are booked till April. Please help!



My adpoted persian really needs a bath but i don't know which products to use.?

With all the fancy shampoos out there, I have always used a mixture of dawn dish washing liquid and water. 50/50. No conditioners on the Persian. It weights down the coat. As far as a hair dyer goes, if he's 11 years old, chances are he's used to it. You might try placing him in a pet taxi and with speed on low, start drying him through the door. If he excepts that OK, then you can try laying him on a towel and finish the blow drying.



As far as the knots on his legs, try a flee comb. You might be able to get them out without hurting him. The matts usually come out of the legs without difficulty. White Persians are more difficult with the matting. Their coat is different. My experience with the Persians (breed to show for 5 years) you need to have all the knots out before bathing. Once the knots get wet, they mat closer to the skin.



Gratz on your new pet. The persians are a wonderful breed. What color is he (or she)



My adpoted persian really needs a bath but i don't know which products to use.?

There are many formulas for shampoo which do not need water. All you do is lather your dry cat in it, excluding the eyes and ears, and then comb it out until the fur is dry. It's hassle free, doesn't take much time, and you are brushing at the same time.



Also remember persians need brushing once a day to stop the fur becoming knotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan