Saturday, November 28, 2009

Do you need any sort of special license to start a dog grooming business?

I've been cutting my dog's hair for a few years. The main reason I started doing it was because we just had so much trouble finding a groomer. They were all full and not accepting additional clients. So I started doing it myself.



I never took any lessons. I just bought some clippers and started grooming her. The haircuts I gave my dog were not to be "stylish". I simply wanted her hair to be shorter. Anyway, people who saw her after her haircuts was impressed and said I should start doing it as a business.



Is this something that I would have to be trained for if I wanted to start doing it as a business? Or could I just tell people up-front that I'm not a professional groomer and if that's what they're looking for they should go someplace else?



Do you need any sort of special license to start a dog grooming business?

I would take a class because people will want specific stuff, you can usually take a grooming class for cheap just look around...not 100% sure if you need a licence but people will want to know you know what your doing.



If you wanted to do it out of your house just let them know "ive been doing dogs awhile but i have no licenture" and do it more of a favor its not a real buisness and you've told them the issue.



Do you need any sort of special license to start a dog grooming business?

Yes, you need a business license from your city (or county).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan