Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

Last May, I completely shaved my head because I wanted to observe my hair at different lengths. I decided that I liked it best after it had grown for about two months, and the hair on the top of my head was between 1.5 and 2 inches long. I forgot to measure the sides. I want to get a haircut soon, so I need your help.



What clipper attachment numbers should I tell the barber to use? What lengths (in inches or centimeters) do the different clipper attachment numbers correspond with?



If I just go to the barber and say, "I want my hair to look like it's grown for two months after I completely shaved it," will that be clear enough that the barber will know what numbers to choose? If not, how about if I add that the top was 1.5 or 2 inches?



Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

get a two all over.



Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

try a number 4. That's the one I always ask for for my son. his hair is about 1.5 inches long after being cut. They can always scissor cut it too...



Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

Its probably a #5 or 6. Ask for her to scissor cut it to 1.5 to 2 inches.... it will look more like a cut instead of a buzz.



Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

Say how long you want it to be. Less words that way.



Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

Different brands of electric razors have different systems for numbering their cutting guards. Just tell the barber how long you want your hair to be (and whether or not you want it tapered).



Most places also have books with different hair styles, and if not, why don't you just bring a picture of yourself from when your hair was the length you liked it?



That is the easiest for a barber/hair dresser.



Clipper attachment lengths for men's haircuts?

A number 8 leaves your hair 1 inch long. The smaller the number the shorter your hair will be. Like a number 4 leaves your hair 1/2 inch long. On average your hair grows about a half of an inch a month. So I would tell your barber to cut your hair so that it leaves about 1.5 inches on top and about 1 inch on the sides and back.

2 comments:

  1. you can have the look on the video for you answer
    hair clippers for men

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points. It's very important to keep in mind how each number guard controls how much hair is cut off. Where I'm from, the standard haircut is a bald fade, so we never had to worry about that, but as I got older and wanted to experiment with my hair, it became important to tell the difference.

    These days, I've started trying to cut my own hair. I think this link may be helpful for guys wanting to do the same thing and need help shopping for clippers.

    My first self-lineup actually looks pretty hideous... but you know what, the hair will grow back, and I will do better next time.

    ReplyDelete

 
loan