Saturday, November 28, 2009

I need some help/answers about grooming my dogs.?

I have 2 English Springer Spaniels and I want to start grooming them myself. I have a pair of electric clippers (Andis, bought at Petsmart) but they seems to heat up really fast and don't cut the hair very well without doing several passes. Is this normal, or do I need to buy a better set of clippers? If a better set of clippers will do a better job then I am willing to pay the extra for them because in the long run they will end up saving me both money and time. What brand/features should I look for in a really nice electric trimmer? How much is it going to cost me?



I need some help/answers about grooming my dogs.?

What model of clippers are they? Some of the cheaper brands are not strong enough to cut through hair. Also it helps if the hair is clean. Bathe and dry the dog first. You probably need a better pair of clippers. I would reccomend Andis AG or AGC clippers. If you paid less than $100 then the clippers are pretty much crap.The Andis range from $100-$200. I wouldn't go with Oster, they tend to be very loud and heat up allot quicker than Andis. You also have to get cool lube to spray on the blade when it gets to hot. DONT CONTINUE TO USE A HOT BLADE IT WILL BURN YOUR DOG. You should do research about different blade sizes before you groom your dog. Most clippers come with a 10 blade which is very short. The Wahl switchblade clippers are very good too, they are very light weight which is a good thing. They are pretty quiet too.



Try this website:



http://www.groomerschoice.com/clippers_p...



I need some help/answers about grooming my dogs.?

I really like Oster clippers. I think they are the best. I would suggest going to http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/products.a... and checking out their selection and prices (they usually have the best. Also, go here http://www.petgroomer.com/Grooming101/Br...



For tips on which blades to use and how to properly groom your pooches to perfection!



Good luck!



I need some help/answers about grooming my dogs.?

Usually the home-groomer quality clippers aren't that good and not durable either. You want to go with the ones the professionals use, like the Oster A-5, the Wahl KM2, or the Andis AGRC. A good clipper will probably run around $200, and blades run from $20-50 depending on the size and make. You also need clipper oil and a disinfectant/lubricant spray. Keep your blades well-maintained and sharp.



If at all possible, you might want to see if there's a DIY grooming shop in the area, where you can try out the good equipment and see if you can do a reasonable job with it. Honestly, MOST pet owners get all the equipment, try it a few times, then decide they are better off taking the dog to a professional.



I need some help/answers about grooming my dogs.?

The Andis clippers are usually pretty junky. I'd recommend getting a good, professional, clipper like Oster. Check ebay, you may find one for a decent price.



Make sure you have a can of Cool Lube so you can cool the blades down when they get hot. Better yet, make sure you have several blades of the same length. That way when one gets hot you can pop it off and put a cool one on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan