Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Suggestions for a dry scalp treatment?

Hi I'm of mediterrean descent and I just got back from the hair cuttery. I used a 0 clipper (the shortest) and my head is full of dandruff everwhere. I dont have an itchy scalp but (as I noticed and the barber noticed) a very dry scalp. I have olive skin; my face never dries out, but it becomes oily throughout the day. I have used head and shoulders but I dont think its meant for people with olive,oily skin because it didnt work. Also, I was using tea tree oil as a shampoo the past week, which I think made the dandruff worse.



I'll wait for suggestions before I wash my hair.



Suggestions for a dry scalp treatment?

I use olive oil to deep condition my hair and I get compliments on how shiny and healthy my hair is. My hairdresser didn't believe that I blow dry every day because my hair looks and feels so healthy.



Have you ever really looked at the ingredients on a bottle of head and shoulders or any other regular shampoo? Scary stuff.



I just pour olive oil into the palm of my hands and work it through my hair and then comb through it to make sure I've covered it all. I cover it with a plastic shower cap and let it sit for about an hour. I have to wash my hair twice to get the oil out. I use a cold process natural soap to wash my hair and apple cider vinegar diluted (1 tbsp to 1 cup water) to correct the ph balance and make my hair shine shine shine.



More info on the many benefits and uses for olive oil at he link below....



Suggestions for a dry scalp treatment?

Selsun Blue Shampoo



http://www.drugstore.com/qxp14551_333181...



Try the selsun blue medicated. the one with the red top.



it's a little smelly, but you'll live!



leave it on for a couple of minutes and wash off.



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan