Saturday, November 28, 2009

Grooming Question?

Ok....I either suck using clippers or mine are defective or the blades are dull or I don't know what but I've HAD IT with the clippers on my newfie. I even took her down to a groomer and THEY didn't know if they could get thru this coat (she's part collie so think newfie size with coat density with lassie length!!!!!!)



Sooooo...before I pull my OWN hair out lol...is there a MANUAL way like a stripper or something like that or some type of comb with a blade in it (don't think a de-matter would work for that) something you can COMB thru the dog to clip her down some??????



Signed...



Exasperated! lol



Grooming Question?

It may be easier to take a pair of scissors or shears to get a lot of the length off first, then use the clippers. Sounds like a real chore!



Grooming Question?

You might have found an inexperienced groomer.. a good groomer knows exactly how to take care of a dog. So call around until you find one that knows what they are doing.



Grooming Question?

I would call around to other groomers (reputable ones).



I rescued an Old English Sheep Dog fully mated down to the skin...I wondered how she got so bad then I saw her outside standing in the rain rolling around in the mud!!



They had to shave her completly!



Good Luck!



Grooming Question?

Try a comb called the rake it has a blade in it but be careful when you use it that you don't cut you dog



Grooming Question?

Try the Furminator!



http://www.furminator.com/



Grooming Question?

You poor thing! Yes their are stripping tools your can buy. Look on Dr's.Foster%26amp;Smith.com under dog grooming tools. Have you tried a double coated rake? I have 2 big goldens and I have been useing this tool for over 20 years to get their undercoat out durring the shedding season.



Also a very experienced groomer will be able to strip the under coat of your dog. Call around to see if you can find one in your area.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan