I get a Bald Fade everytime I get my haircut. When my hair starts to grow back, small bumps start to appear at the back of my head and it sometimes itches.I mentioned this to my barber and he said that I should wash my hair after my haircut.I did, however, the bumps still appear.Is he not cleaning his clippers or what?He also said that I might need to let my hair grow and stop getting it cut to low.
What causes bumps to grow on your head after a haircut.?
Sometimes, when you shave, you'll get ingrown hairs. Here's a definition of "Ingrown hairs" that I yoinked from Wiki:
"Ingrown hair is a condition where the hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. It may or may not be accompanied by an infection of the hair follicle or "razor bumps" While ingrown hair most commonly appears in areas where the skin is shaved (beard, legs), it can appear anywhere."
Wiki also reccomends the following treatments.:
1. Manually removing ingrown hairs with special tweezers
2. Shaving in a different direction
3. Allowing the hair to grow in order to cause the hair to come out straighter
4. Using special razors that leave the hair longer
5. Exfoliating with facial scrubs, sponges, towels, or creams containing acids
6. Treatment with Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs promotes resolution of stubborn cases
7. Prophylaxis with twice daily topical application of diluted Glycolic acid
Number three is probably what your barber was reccomending. I sometimes get ingrown hairs on my legs when I shave but I use the tweezer method to fix them.